Mestek Machinery at AHR 2018 – Max-Stitch 1.6i
If you missed the previous post in our AHR 2018 blog series, you can find it here.
Max-Stitch 1.6i is the strongest and most versatile single wire stitch welder on the market. Using new inverter welding technology, the Max-Stitch 1.6i is a 16ga (1.6mm) machine, even in stainless steel, with the capability to save up to 30% in electricity, all while providing an easy to use interface with a touchscreen.
Utilizing Windows 10, the Max-Stitch 1.6i can store up to 99 different welding programs. A large color touchscreen eliminates the need for the operator to scroll through screens. PLC controlled pneumatic pressure capabilities allow for ease of adjustment for different material thicknesses and consistent welds.
Like its predecessor the Max-Stitch 1.0, the Max-Stitch 1.6i uses a pneumatic roller clamping system increasing productivity up to 15% by eliminating adjustments and easier loading.
Other Max-Stitch 1.6i benefits:
- Weld both galvanized and stainless steel.
- Copper wire used as a conductor to prevent the galvanized surface from being burned off and adhering to the welding rollers like other seam welders will.
- Provides a consistent, high quality 5/16” overlap that reduces costs compared to riveting or spot welding.
- Eliminates the need for sealing the seam.
- Speed! Welding speeds up to 55 fpm (17 mpm)!
- Single wire for easy loading!
The next post in the blog series can be found here: http://www.mestekmachinery.com/ahr-2018-max-stitch-1-6i
You can find our booth at AHR 2018 here: http://mestek.formtekgroup.com/AHR-2018-Booth